Missions / Outreach
We actively support the ministries of the Armenian Missionary Association of America (AMAA) and the individual missionaries listed below.
We collect canned goods and nonperishable food for a local homeless shelter and a local food bank.
Twice a year we prepare, deliver and serve a meal to the homeless shelter at Old First Church in Philadelphia.
During the year we collect used bicycles for New Covenant Ministries. Bicycles are refurbished and distributed in Camden neighborhoods on Christmas Eve morning. Bikes may be brought to the church anytime.
Armenian – The Blessing
This prayer of blessing project was published on September 21, 2020, the 29th anniversary of the Independence of Armenia and is dedicated to: soldiers guarding the borders of Armenia; the people who are suffering from the devastating explosion in Beirut; to those who have been struggling with the surge of COVID-19 in Syria; and to all the Armenians scattered around the world. Click the following link to view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tDSdVWVy64&feature=youtu.be
NOTE: AMCC is represented vocally by Sevag Bakalian.
- Rev. Nishan & Maria Bakalian, Global Ministries & AMAA, Beirut, Lebanon
- To view the recording of the October 10, 2021 Inter-Communal Cultural Program, Strength to the Weary, presented by the Bakalians, click the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88479290524
- During the year, the Bakalians write a “Pray with Lebanon” and “Mission Stewardship Moment” for Common Global Ministries. Lebanon was featured in August 2022. Click this link to read the prayer and stewardship moment written by Maria Bakalian.
- Click here for a link to a Global Ministries video on how their partners in Lebanon are responding to the August 2020 explosion.
Latest from Beirut — Click here to view the September 13, 2020 Latest from Beirut (following the August 4, 2020 explosion at the Port of Beirut) presentation by Badveli Nishan & Maria Bakalian.
Christ and Coffee Podcast — Click here
to watch Rev. Haig Kherlopian’s weekly podcast, Christ and Coffee
, interview with Badveli Nishan Bakalian on September 4, 2020 on the situation in Beirut following the August 4 explosion.
- Evelyn Biles, Global Mosaic, Malaysia
- Marge Krikorian, Wycliffe, Mitla, Mexico
- Cory & Becky (Melville) Coogan, Wycliffe, Oradea, Romania
- Reda Narouz, Salaam Center, Baltimore, Maryland
- Badveli Senyo & our sister church in Berd, Armenia
Through the AMAA, AMCC established a sister church relationship with the Armenian Evangelical Church in Berd, Armenia.